Sunday, March 30, 2014

Unnecessary Items

Materialistic items are unnecessary to humans; thus it becoming appropriate to eliminate these items from our lives. Items that people want are entirely distinct from items that are needed. Wanted items are simply desired yet avoidable. There are many items that i can live without; starting with my closet. I own excess clothing that I can survive without, such as extra tops and jeans that do not fit me anymore. Also, my closet is mainly occupied with extra shoes and purses that i do not use. It is truly inspiring that Chris McCandless donates all of his money to charity. It should not be hard for us to do the same with the extra clothing we possess. Another avoidable item in my closet would be make-up, because it is not an item that is necessary to own in order to survive. Just as I own items that I can live without, there are those that I need in my life. My phone is extremely important, because it allows me to make long distance calls; therefore I can keep in touch with my family. My laptop is an important item to me as well, because it allows me to complete tasks, such as my homework, instantly and in an organized manner.

7 comments:

  1. Nicole’s post is very well written. I agree with almost everything she has stated and can easily relate to her thoughts. However, knowing Nicole personally, I do not believe she would be able to get rid of the purses in her closet. She is way too attached to her endless collection of fabulous and sassy handbags. Very nice job, Nicole !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with Karnie's analysis on Nicole! She, like most girls, loves fashion. I, myself, would not be able to part with some items in my closet either. This might be materialistic, but it is in female nature! This post was well thought out and logically expressed. Although technology is not that necessary, this generation is becoming severely dependent on it and would probably view it as a necessity in life. Nice work, Neecole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole practically described the problem for all the girls out there. Girls constantly buy clothes that will only be worn a couple of times and for the rest of time leave them in the back of the closet. Who needs that many jeans anyways? Knowing the answer to this, question girls continue to keep the unnecessary clothes! Tremendous job on the fantastic and relatable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole crisply proves that us females have a serious problem with materialism. We get obssessed over a nice jacket or a cute top, until we finally have it... and then on to the next. What have we come to? It is time to adopt a bit of transcendentalism and keep ourselves from becoming spoiled and wasteful. Thanks for the enlightening blog! Nice job Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole has a completely agreeable mindset; particularly with females since we all love to follow fashion, make up, and excess items that we find necessary to beautify ourselves. Excess clothes should be easy to donate to charities like Chris, but girls have become attached to the idea of materialism when regarding clothing. Awesome job, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete