Sunday, February 16, 2014

Which Community Are You Part Of?

A community could have various meaning to different people. The term community defines a group a people who share the same interests. There are communities such as, fandom communities, political, religious, ethnic, geographical, race, occupation, gender, class, economic status, or even language. As an individual, I am part of diverse communities. There are many people out there who share the communities as I do, but the one characteristic that makes me original and unique is my personality and my interests. I am an Armenian, who shares the same goals as others similar to me; that is freedom of our lands and the right to gain what was ours since the beginning. The communities one becomes part of, defines their personally and where they come from. A community is now necessarily your surroundings, but is more than that. I am also a part of an online community, such as twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and tumblr. By using social networks, such as tumblr, I display my interests online for everyone to see; it is a suitable way for anyone to be socially active. Without even knowing, you can be part of any community based off your curiosity and activity. Communities are a big part of our lives and can it can define the type of person you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment